Saturday, July 11, 2009

Connecting at Genealogy Wise

On Wednesday I signed up for the new Family Link.com sponsored genealogy site: Genealogy Wise. If you haven't discovered it yet, please click here and check it out.
There are a LOT of groups available that we can join, where we can leave comments, photos, and join discussions on topics of interest to genealogists, including surname groups. Yesterday the group that had the most members was a group about "Germans and German Ancestors". This morning I noticed that a member left a comment inquiring about Germans from Russia. Since there was not a group focused on the Volga Germans, I formed one! If you have ancestors, like I do, who emigrated in the 1700s and 1800s from Germany to the Volga region of Russia, please join my group and share your family information.

1 comment:

Evelyn Yvonne Theriault said...

I'm pretty excited about this new site too - exactly because of what you're experiencing - the opprtunity to create niche groups.
I've made one for the Festival of Postcards.
Good luck with yours,
Evelyn in Montreal