Monday, August 17, 2009

My Ancestors' Immigrant Ships

This is the ship Lucania, which sailed from Liverpool and landed at Ellis Island on 24 June 1904 bringing my great, great grandparents, George 'Daniel' and Mary Elisabeth Meier Dietz to America from their home in Kratzke, Saratov, Russia.
This is the ship Umbria, which sailed to Ellis Island on 14 July 1904 bringing my great grandparents John 'George' and Catharine Elisabeth 'Katy' Dietz Koleber and my grandmother Amalia 'Mollie', along with her two older brothers George Jr and Daniel. Katy was the daughter of Daniel and Mary Dietz, who sailed on the ship pictured at the top. The manifest of the Umbria on which my great grandparents were listed as passengers says their Port of Departure was Italy. The Port of Registry for the Umbria was Liverpool. Both ships were owned by the Cunard Steamship Company.

No comments: