Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Genealogists Know This

Greg Olsen is one of my favorite artists and is a Facebook friend. He graciously shares his original paintings with his fans and calls the offerings in this album: "SPIRITUAL STEROIDS": DAILY thoughts & images to pump up your soul! -Healing-Inspiring-Awakening! - Greg
As a genealogist, I know this to be true: "Those we love are never far away". The more time we spend researching our ancestors, the more we learn about them and the better we get to know them. This contributes to us feeling their presence in our lives. I've been so blessed to spend thousands of hours with my family...if only on paper and in my mind. But my feelings for them have grown and my consciousness of them is ever present. I know, as artist Greg Olsen tells us, they are never far away.
Thank you, Greg, for reminding us of this. And for delighting our lives with your beautiful paintings.

1 comment:

Thomas MacEntee said...

I whole-heartedly agree with you Becky - our loved ones are never far away despite the years or the miles. Even the ones I've never met, I am now learning their stories and can almost hear what they would have to say.