Saturday, October 9, 2010

My Son’s (half) Pedigree Chart

DSCN0302

I spent an hour and a half this afternoon taping my son’s pedigree chart together…and used 2 full rolls of Magic tape. It’s 3 feet wide and 13 feet long. I say it’s only a “half” pedigree because it only represents his ancestors on his (birth) mother’s side of the family. I have not researched his “birth” father’s lineage yet. I may have to wait until 2012 when the 1940 federal census is released to begin that project.

To save expense I have not used a professional chart printing service like Janet Hovorka’s “The Chart Chick” --- although I’d LOVE to! I printed the 60 pages out for this chart, then trimmed and taped them together. My husband is good about helping me with the next step..he takes it to a local Copy Shop and the proprietor runs our chart through his blueprint copier and makes one seamless copy. That’s the one I’ll give my son.  That way I can keep the “rough draft” for my own reference.

Now back to inserting photos in his narrative report. I hope to get his book done in another week or so. I’ll post pictures when it’s ready.

5 comments:

Janice said...

What a wonderful thing to do. I've never had one copied before. I did my husband's side of the family and it ended up filling two 3 ring binders.

Leah Kleylein said...

What a great idea with the blueprint copier! That never occurred to me before!

Michelle Goodrum said...

Oh my! That is fantastic! I think the photocopying idea is an excellent one.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your hard work, Becky. My chart would be the same if I printed it out - I could wallpaper the downstairs WC with it! Jo :-)

Heather Wilkinson Rojo said...

Gosh! That looks fantastic! I'm sure your son will love all the hardwork and love you have put into this project. Thanks for sharing it with everyone- that blueprint idea was great!