Saturday, February 11, 2012

I Found my Great Grandfather's Marriage Report

My great grandparents George and Katie Dietz Koleber, with their sons George and  Daniel and daughter Amalia ("Mollie") who is my grandmother. This family unit immigrated from the Volga region of Russia, through Ellis Island in 1904. 

My genealogy and facebook friend Gayle Gresham posted yesterday about Family Search releasing the Colorado Statewide Marriage Index. I just looked and was able to find this marriage record for my great grandfather, George Koleber and his third wife, Mary (Mehling) Winnick.
A few months ago Sharon Koleber, a cousin who is also a genealogist and facebook friend, sent me the Naturalization Record for this same great grandfather. 
I've been very blessed by collaborating with my friends!

1 comment:

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I am always trying to share what I have to save someonelse the hours of researching something. How wonderful to have!