Sunday, September 20, 2015

Flanders Brothers and Sons 1934

Two months ago I had never seen photos of any of my grandfather's brothers, and actually knew nothing about any of them, except his brother Merritt. My grandfather is in the photo above, identified as Milo, 3rd from right. I'm so blessed that my cousin has shared her aunt's family photo collection with me, and among them was this wonderful picture of my maternal grandfather, Milo Flanders, two of his brothers, Clarence and Merritt, along with two of Clarence's sons, Orville and Elvin, and two of Milo's sons, my Uncle Albert and Uncle Cleo. I was also happy that the photo was dated 1934. Based on their birth years, I indicated the age of each man in the photo. 
Here are a few other pictures of my grandfather, Milo Flanders.
Marriage to Nannie Becker on April 18, 1906
As I remember my Grandpa Flanders in his yard in Stafford, Kansas
Milo and Nannie (Becker) Flanders, 50th Wedding Anniversary, 1956

1 comment:

Michelle Ganus Taggart said...

Oh the wonderful pictures that you have. It suddenly occurred to me though that as much time as it took to scan all of the pictures (and how assume that you copied those pictures to share with other family members!) as you identify and write about those pictures, your work has really just begun. I can't wait to see all that you uncover in the process.