Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Beautiful Portraits of Children, but Who are They?

Among the photo collection I inherited from my grandmother Mollie (Mrs. John) Margheim, I found these portraits of children. None of them are identified and I don't recognize any as immediate family members. They were probably children in the 1920s, 30s or 40s. My grandparents lived in Russell and Trego Counties in Kansas and were of Volga German descent. 

I don't expect anyone to identify these kids, but do you think any of them are duplicated? Do you think any of the pictures have the same children in them? Familiar names in my grandmother's collection were Koleber, Margheim, Maier, Schwein, Schneider, Koch, Dietz and Deines.
#1
#2
#3
#4
#5
#6
#7
#8
#9
#10
#11
#12
#13
#14

1 comment:

Michelle Ganus Taggart said...

What beautiful children! Whenever I look at old photos I think about how much trouble they went to in order to have the picture taken and the expense back then and now here they are unidentified. Although I don't have many photos, the majority that I do have are unidentified!!!

The problem with trying to determine if they are the same child is that often in a family, siblings look a lot alike when they are younger. I have two daughters who look so much alike as children, if by chance the picture isn't identified, we struggle to determine which of the two it is! Often we have to think of the time period and place---they look that much alike. If the picture is close up, one of the girls had brown eyes and one was blue eyed, but if they had been sephia we would really be in trouble.