Saturday, January 21, 2017

Gen. Geo Patton: My Dad served under the command of my Cousin

In a blog post here earlier today, I posted these two pictures from one of my father's heirloom Bibles that showed his entry about his military service. 

We can see at the top of the photo above that Dad was part of the Third Army which was under the command of Gen. George S. Patton.

I'm showing in the chart below that Gen. Patton was my 8th cousin, one generation back, through my mother's father's Flanders family line. 

While I never did have the chance to discuss this with my dad while he was alive, I know he'd have been quite interested and even impressed. But somehow, I believe he knows now. And someday he can recall all those WWII stories to me and my family again. We have lots to talk about, don't we, Dad. 

No comments: