Sunday, November 7, 2010

Delivery of My Son’s Genealogy Book

DSCN0595
Today as we joined my son’s family for dinner to celebrate my birthday, I was able to deliver the genealogy book and pedigree chart that I’ve prepared for Matt. In the photo above my granddaughter Alyssa looks on as my husband comments “If each of these people on this pedigree hadn’t come together, you wouldn’t be YOU.”
DSCN0577
Our granddaughters Taylor (top) and Alyssa (bottom) serve as anchors to hold down the unrolled 12 foot pedigree. Their request upon seeing their dad’s ancestor chart was “Can you make us one, Grandma?” Since their dad’s pedigree is 12 feet long, each of their’s will probably be in excess of 20 feet. I’ll let you know when I get them printed.
DSCN0591
My granddaughter Taylor is showing some early interest in family history (Hooray!) as she reads the reports I put in a book for Matt’s birth mother. 
DSCN0598
Alyssa is anticipating the day when she can leaf through her own genealogy book. This Grandma better get busy!
DSCN0581
I wish I had known when my daughter-in-law was going to snap this picture of me and Matt…I’d have smiled!

10 comments:

Susan Petersen said...

Your journey to make this keepsake for your son is is one of the most heartwarming stories I've ever read. Absolutely wonderful.

Harriet said...

Looks like your son and his daughters really enjoyed your gift.

Cousin Russ said...

Becky,

In a word, AWESOME !!!

What a great story behind all of this work. What a gift for your son and what a gift you are.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

Russ

GrannyPam said...

It looks like you had a great day, a worthy reward for your work. How wonderful!

Dorene from Ohio said...

What a wonderful gift for your son!!

Anonymous said...

So incredible! You have passed on a gift that will likely be cherished by generations of your family. You have so much to be proud of in this accomplishment!

Congratulations!

Stephanie at Ancestor Investigations

Lori H said...

Wonderful, Becky! I love the photographs.

Michelle Goodrum said...

Reading this post just made my day! What a loving gift and what's even better is the appreciation and excitement your pictures show!

Focus Grandma! FOCUS!! said...

Very inspirational! My mother has been at me forever to do this. Guess I better get going! What a wonderful gift, especially if the granddaughters have an interest!! Thank you for sharing!

Kathy Grimm said...

Wow, I can't wait to see your grandaughter's faces when they unscroll a twenty footer!