Monday, July 4, 2011

Our First Contributions to BillionGraves.com


My husband Larry & I just caught up to the 21st century with purchase of iPhones a couple of months ago. Because of our genealogy interests, we promptly installed the BillionGraves app. It isn't often that we each have the same day off, but since today was a holiday, we decided to use some of our free time to try out the app and contribute some headstone photos to the web site. In the half hour we worked on this project at Lakeside Cemetery, our local city cemetery, we were able to photograph 150 headstones and upload them to the BillionGraves web site. 

Now I need to transcribe those headstones. I know it'll take a lot longer to do that than it took to do the photography!

3 comments:

Barbara Poole said...

Very nice thing of you to do. However, I know nothing about BillionGraves, is this in place of the wonderful FindAGrave? Do most people submit their photos and info. to both sites? Regardless, I applaud you for taking all those photos.

Miles Meyer said...

Glad to see you are using the new app. It is so easy with the auto upload feature and the GPS function. I copied the photos to findagrave after I got home.

Cousin Russ said...

Becky,

That reminds me. I need to post my first experience doing this, but with my Droid.

Russ