Sunday, June 7, 2015

Connecting my Grandpa Jones to a Facebook photo

  4 Confederate Veterans of the American Civil War. The man on the left can be seen wearing the southern version of the Medal of Honor the Southern Cross of Honor ca 1922, Source HD History Photos App.
The Kansas State History page on Facebook posted this photo today. It's a very striking photo with the description shown as the caption.

I noticed that the gentleman seated second from left is identified as W. H. Goodloe. Almost exactly four years ago I posted a story about my connection to the Goodloe family. You can read that post here

Research that I've done in the meantime revealed a distant connection between the Goodloes and my step-grandfather. So this afternoon I prepared this diagram showing all the connections between the some of the Goodloes, including this W. H. (William Henry) Goodloe and my grandfather, Henry James Jones (at bottom left of pedigree). 
If you click on the photo, it will enlarge so you can read the detail. 

1 comment:

Michelle Ganus Taggart said...

What a beautiful picture! I love what you've done to connect to the Goodloe family.