Saturday, November 28, 2015

My first easy attempt at a narrated photo

I use the Flip-Pal mobile scanner to scan my photos since I can easily use it from my lap in the evenings. I work all day in an office and don't want to sit at a desk in our home office to scan my thousands of photos. 

This week the Flip-Pal company announced a new feature which enables us to add audio to any digital photo. It's called Story Scans. You can read about it by clicking on the photo above. I looked into it and considered it for a few days. This morning I decided to download the upgrade and make the $24.99 purchase for the Activation Key for this feature in the new version 4.0.

I don't like the sound of my own voice, nor do I often record my voice, but I have tried this software out on ONE photo so far. As I shared my first attempt with my cousin Kate, we each realized an added benefit to the recording. She hadn't heard my voice before and also hadn't heard the correct pronunciation of my maiden name, until I said it on this StoryScan! 

My husband is going to love using this, as he's a Story Teller. He can add color to any photo with his recollections and stories. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like fun.

Jana Iverson Last said...

Becky,


I want to let you know that your blog post is listed in today's Fab Finds post at http://janasgenealogyandfamilyhistory.blogspot.com/2015/12/follow-friday-fab-finds-for-december-4.html

Have a great weekend!

Becky Thompson said...

Thank you, Jana!