Sunday, March 31, 2024

We Brought T Polidor from Vermont to Idaho

Shortly after my husband and I moved from Colorado to Idaho in 2021, my son moved from Colorado to Vermont. Since we had retired 6 months earlier, we were able to visit my son and offer our help in remodeling the house he'd purchased. 

As my husband William was demolishing a doorway, he noticed a nameplate on the doorway. Written in a fancy script was "T Polidor". 

William saved that nameplate and the piece of wood it was attached to, and brought it home. To my amazement, he turned it into a light pole that holds a solar light in our front yard garden. 



Since I have a strong interest in Family History, I had to do some research on this family from Springfield, Vermont.

Theodore Polidor was born in 1904 in New York and married Rebecca Weston on Nov. 6, 1937, as announced in this newspaper clipping. My research revealed that Rebecca Weston Polidor was an 8th cousin 3 generations removed of my son Matt, who had purchased their former house. 

I'm proud to have the solar light accent in our garden and happy to know the story behind it. 

No comments: