Monday, April 15, 2024

My Stepmother kept Marion and Mary in her Family

In March, 1951, Phyllis Jean Jones became the Stepmother of me, Mary Rebecca Margheim, and my twin brother, Marion Dennis Margheim. She's pictured here as she took us around the block on roller skates when we were 4 years old.

As I look into the genealogy research I've done, I'm always amazed when I find interesting Connections, or make fascinating Discoveries. I noticed today that Phyllis's paternal grandfather was Marion Malone Smith and her paternal grandmother was Mary Frances Hawkins. They're pictured below. 
So our "Mom" went from being the granddaughter of Marion and Mary, to being the step-mother of Marion and Mary! 

It's a somewhat insignificant realization, but one of those that I wish I could mention to her in person. 

No comments: