Saturday, January 9, 2010

Happy 101 Award from Karen at Ancestor Soup

Karen, at Ancestor Soup, surprised me this morning as she left a comment on my previous post about my Grandma Margheim's chocolate cake recipe. In her comment, she revealed that she was awarding me the "Happy 101" award.

It's my turn to say "Thank you, Karen!" and to carry out the responsibilities that come with this award, namely (1) list 10 things that make me happy and (2) list 10 blogs to whom I want to pass on this award.

This is the easy part: 10 Things That Make Me Happy
1. Time spent with my son Matt and his family, wife Lucja and daughters Kindall, Taylor and Alyssa
2. Quiet evenings at home with my dear husband, Jamie
3. Good conversations with my dad, Ernie Margheim
4. Free time from work when I can spend doing my family history research
5. Quiet hours early in a day when I can read a good book or magazine article, while my brain and eyes are fresh
6. Emails from friends and family members that really say something and are not just "forwards"
7. Snail mail that brings me genealogy information, like vital records or connections with relatives
8. Glorious Sundays in Church when I really feel the presence of the Holy Spirit
9. Warm blankets at bedtime in the winter
10. Noodles like my Grandma used to make.

While it's hard to limit this to only 10, I want to present this award to the following bloggers because I enjoy their blogs, follow them regularly, and they take the time to share their comments on my blogs:
Heritage Happens
Looking4Ancestors
Blanton Family Roots and Branches
Taylorstales-Genealogy
Claudia's Thoughts
A Year of Happy
Graveyard Rabbit of Sandusky Bay
Genealogy and Me
Beyond the Diapers and Spills
Stories of My Ancestors

I encourage everyone to visit, read, follow, and support these wonderful bloggers. Leave your comments if you have any thoughts after reading a story. Your comments are what let us know you've stopped by and that our stories have touched you in some way.

6 comments:

Dorene from Ohio said...

Thanks for the Happy 101 Award!!

my Heritage Happens said...

How sweet are you, still, again, always? Bless you Becky, and thank you for the award!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the encouragement, Becky! You always seem so happy--it's an honor to receive an award like this from you. :) JoLyn at A Year of Happy

Debbie Blanton McCoy said...

Thank you so much, Becky! I appreciate so much your encouragement and your friendship.

Lori E said...

I do appreciate the award Becky. Thank you.
Your list is full of the things we should all be happy
for.

Anita said...

Thank you Becky for the award! As I said on your other blog, I'm am having the est fun "meeting and socializing" with other bloggers. I will continue to stop by your sites to see what you're up to. :)
I can tell by your "happy" list that you are an easy-going person. Most of the time, I am too. :)
Blessings.
Oh, I will check out some of the others this week.