Friday, February 12, 2010

Stumbling Upon Unseen Photos


Earlier this week my second cousin, Kate, lost her dear husband Jon to cancer. In tribute to Jon, Kate put a nice photo slideshow on her blog, Genealogy Bug. Tonight I was viewing those same photos in her Picasa Web Albums and noticed that she had an album labeled with the Becker name. Her grandmother Edna Becker Smith was a sister to my grandmother, Nannie Becker Flanders. As I explored her Becker album, I discovered these two photos of my grandmother that I've never seen before. In the photo above Grandma Flanders is in the front row at right.

In this photo, my grandmother is second from left. At left is her sister Esta Becker Batchman, second from right is her sister Mabel Becker Lillich and at right is her brother Bert Becker.

I've seen this photo that was also shared with me a few years ago by Kate. Left to right are Mabel Becker Lillich, Esta Becker Batchman, Lew L. Becker, Edna Becker Smith, Bert Becker and my grandmother Nannie Becker Flanders.

The Becker family was a close one. Not pictured here is another brother, and the oldest of the Becker siblings, Fred Becker. And each time I view and study the photographs of them, I come to feel closer to them too.

1 comment:

Taylorstales-Genealogy said...

My sympathies for your loss of a loved one. Exploring family photographs always seems to bring with it those wonderful memories that we can share with each other.