Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Special Screening: "Forgotten Ellis Island: The Extraordinary Story of America's Immigrant Hospital"

Attendees at the "Immigration Family History Expo" in Salt Lake City, March 8th will have the opportunity to see a special screening of author, producer and director Lorie Conway's "Forgotten Ellis Island: The Extraordinary Story of America's Immigrant Hospital". What an opportunity!

I'm not going to be able to attend this particular Expo because I live in Colorado and I'm saving up to attend the Expo in Loveland, CO in June. But I would benefit so much from the knowledge I could gain at this Salt Lake City event. My paternal grandmother arrived in America through Ellis Island in July, 1904, and I'm hungry for any further information and education I can gain about the Ellis Island experience.

If you're fortunate enough to attend this wonderful Expo, for the cost of the $45 registration fee you'll be able to hear such noted speakers as Fred E. Woods, Brigham Young University Professor, Arlene Eakle, PhD, president and founder of The Gernealogical Institute, Inc., Kory L. Meyerink, MLS, AG, FUGA, vice-president of ProGenealogists, Inc, and Holly T. Hansen, Founder and President of Family History Expos, Inc.

Exhibitors will be at this Expo to offer hands-on demonstrations and techniques and technology to help researchers trace your roots.

I'll be serving as a "Blogger of Honor" for this Immigration Expo, so please follow my updates on Facebook, my tweets on Twitter, my updates at Genealogy Wise, or bookmark this blog.

If you can't attend, read about this Expo and make plans to join us at another upcoming Family History Expo. You'll find them this year in (1) Salt Lake City April 12-17 for the Family History Libray Research Retreat, in (2) Loveland, Colorado June 25-26, (3) Kansas City, Missouri July 30-31, (4) Sandy, Utah August 27-28 and (5) Pleasanton, California October 8-9, 2010.

No comments: