Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Thankful Thursday: Crash Course in Family History

DSCN0089

When I was posting about my experiences at the Family History Expo last week I mentioned this book: Crash Course in Family History by Paul Larsen. Paul and his wife Peggy were one of the many popular Vendors in the Exhibit Hall and offered this book, along with many CDs, for sale. I read the first edition of this book a few years ago, but I was really happy to review this Fourth Edition and see that it is extremely up-to-date!

In the last few days I’ve been reading through the book and love it more every day. Although I’m not a beginner at family history research, there’s much that I can learn. As you can see in this photo of the cover, the book provides a comprehensive resource directory and previews key websites. I visit Cyndi’s List quite often to check out web sites that I may not know about but would benefit from, but I’ve found new ones in this “Crash Course” book that I was unaware of.  

It’s likely that I’ll be writing about some of my discoveries in this book again. The book is published by Easy Family History. I love the book and have carried it around with me for two days. I’m very grateful to have it in my genealogy library.

No comments: