Saturday, October 2, 2010

It All Started with this Postcard

Thelma_Lucille_Steele
This photo is blurry because it’s a copy of an image from eBay. It’s a picture of little Thelma Steele on a postcard that was offered for sale. I only have a copy because at $40, the postcard was out of my budget. But what I learned about Thelma and the story that developed when I was notified of the availability of the postcard is written up as my contribution to this book that Anne Bradshaw has recently compiled:
Book 
This is what Anne says about the book on it’s Facebook page: “The book, "True Miracles with Genealogy" by Anne Bradshaw, is a collection of family history research stories written by ordinary people with extraordinary experiences. These events are part of the reward that comes from doing genealogy. They are the fathers turning their hearts to their children—the spiritual moments as help comes from beyond the veil.
Each account is unique. Each is a miracle. Each will inspire readers as they come to the heady realization that family history work is of great consequence, it is powerful, and there really is a world of spirits.”

My copy just came in the mail today. After I read my own story on page 47, I’m going to read the rest of the book this evening. To get your copy from Amazon, you can go here: http://amzn.to/dfLVx3.
Thank you, Anne, for putting together this interesting and amazing collection of miracle stories in genealogy.

2 comments:

Becky Thompson said...

As new stories are submitted to Anne Bradshaw regarding miracles in genealogy, they're posted here:
http://www.truemiracleswithgenealogy.com/
Enjoy reading about the Miracles with Genealogy! I experience them nearly every day.

Harriet said...

Sounds like a great book. My husband has been asking me for some things I would like for Christmas. I just printed out the information so he can get this book for me. That is if I can wait that long to read it.