Sunday, March 6, 2011

Connections: Tanner to Margheim

Tonight my husband and I were watching a documentary on BYU TV that reviewed the life of N. Eldon Tanner (1898-1902) who served in many leadership capacities in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Because of the recent research I’ve done for my son Matt, I knew he had Tanner ancestors. I opened my RootsMagic file to see if Matt was perhaps related to N. Eldon Tanner, but ten minutes of searching there and on www.new.familysearch.org revealed that Matt is not related to N. Eldon Tanner, but in fact, I am “connected” to him through marriage. I prepared the diagram below to illustrate that connection.
N Eldon Tanner to M Rebecca Margheim
It shows that Nathan “Eldon” Tanner’s 3rd cousin 5 times removed, Cyrus Hatch was married to my 3rd cousin 5 times removed, Betsey Flanders.
All this has absolutely NO significance to anyone but me. I love figuring out and illustrating remote connections like this.

No comments: