Friday, October 10, 2014

Blessed to have portraits of great, great grandparents

The photo above shows at left that my son is a great grandson of Frank Jefferson Bell and his wife Alma Alice Erhlich. Frank Bell had a brother Charles Owen Bell, indicated at right. In the past couple of weeks I've been very blessed by the son and daughter-in-law of Charles Bell who have sent me these photos of Frank and Alma Ehrlich Bell, as well as photos of the parents of Frank and Charles, John Willis Bell and his wife Emeline Charlotte Crotchett Bell.  
John Willis Bell 1861-1935
Emeline Charlotte Crotchett Bell 1863-1931
Frank Jefferson (1888-1951) and Alma Alice (Ehrlich 1895-1942) Bell
My thoughts as I look at these portraits are of how blessed my granddaughter is to already have photos of her great, great, great grandparents and great, great grandparents. And since I have them now, her grandchildren will know what their 4th and 5th great grandparents looked like. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we all could know that. 

2 comments:

Judy Webster said...

I share your joy! Distant cousins have given me some very old photos (another reason to research siblings of direct ancestors!) and I also found portraits (painted by a well-known local artist) in a Historical Society museum.

Jana Iverson Last said...

How wonderful Becky!