Saturday, March 24, 2018

That Destructive Tree Finally Came Down

DSCN0231

At 4:00 pm on the quiet Saturday of August 21, 2010, a very large tree branch broke loose and fell on my car as it was parked in our driveway. The host tree was at least 100 years old and had lived on City property at the edge of our home property at the corner of 1st St. and Riverside in Canon City, CO. The branch smashed the hood, windshield and roof (including sun roof), essentially demolishing the car.

DSCN0230

I walk along this property as I go for my daily walks along the Riverwalk here. Yesterday I witnessed hard working employees of a local tree cutting service remove the tree, along with it’s neighboring tree. They were each quite full of tree rot. 

IMG-7245IMG-7247IMG-7255IMG-7265IMG-7268

This is the fallen stump of the “Culprit Tree” that destroyed my car 7-1/2 years ago!

I’m happy that it came down before more rotten branches fell, with possible injury to more property or people!

No comments: