Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Twins Have a Birthday



In a short paragraph last Wednesday called "A Family Of Twins" I wished my Uncle Leonard Margheim happy birthday and posted a photo of him and his twin sister Laverna as infants, along with a photo of me and my twin brother as infants. Since today is officially my uncle's birthday, I wanted to post just a few more photos of him and Aunt Laverna as they were growing up. My Aunt Laverna and Uncle Leonard have always had a special place in my heart. When my twin brother and I were only two years old, our parents divorced and my dad and brother and I took up residence with my dad's parents until my dad remarried. During the time that we lived with our Grandparents, my aunt and uncle were newly out of high school and living at home. So they became a big brother and big sister to me and my brother Dennis. I remember riding on the shoulders of my Uncle Leonard and getting my hair washed and nails polished by my Aunt Laverna. It was my Aunt who taught my brother and I to play the piano on her grand piano when we were 4 years old. Even tho she passed away in 1973, I remember her fondly many times during the year and still miss her. My uncle is still living so I'm able to stay in touch with him, tho not as often as I should! So here's just one more Happy Birthday wish to two people who hold a very special place in my heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reading your memories brought tears to my eyes, cuz. Where have all these years gone to??
So glad we have each other, still.
Michele