Saturday, January 17, 2009

Happy Birthday to My Mother

Ruby Nadine Flanders Margheim Craine
January 17, 1925 - July 14, 1990

My son marvels that I'm a person who finds meanings in dates. I admit, each day as I think of the date or look at the calendar, my mind goes to remembering anything important that might have happened on that date. Not just birthdays or anniversaries, but other milestones, large and small. It's those small ones that my son is amazed by.

But today was my mother's birthday. I never got to celebrate it with her because I was raised by my Dad and step-mom. But I always remembered her birthday anyway. It was a special day in my mind. So today I'm wishing my Mom Happy Birthday. I just realized I have no pictures of her as a baby or small girl. I need to write to my half-sister and ask if she has any she can share.

2 comments:

Taylorstales-Genealogy said...

Becky, I too remember small dates, although why they pop out sometimes amazes even me. I will keep my fingers crossed your sister can share some photos with you! It is a beautiful picture of your mother!

Gini said...

Becky, what a beautiful birthday post to your Mom...I remember dates for all kinds of things! I too am hoping your sister shares her photos with you.