Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Another Sterling Sill Book Reveals a Cousin Connection

I seem to be on a roll here with Cousin Connections discovered in my purchases of books by Sterling W. Sill. During my most recent visit to the Deseret Industries Thrift Store in Nampa, Idaho, I found 3 books by Sterling and of course grabbed them up at $2.00 each. In my previous blog post I explained my discoveries from my research into a book's former owner, Ross E. Butler. 

Today I'm sharing what I discovered from my purchase of the book The Upward Reach. 

Amazon offers this introduction to the book: This volume is made up of fifty-two different, interesting, uplifting and highly motivating discussions based on Victor Hugo's thought that, "Nothing is as powerful as an idea whose time has come." It is thought that for many people who are interested in raising the spiritual level of their lives and in bringing about a more substantial general success, that a regular weekly association with this stimulating book will prove most valuable.

After I lifted the book from the bookshelf, I opened it to leaf through it. I saw this name label inside: 

I recognized the Fullmer name as one I had entered into my genealogy database. Of course I could hardly wait to look into the connections when I got home. 

Sure enough I found a connection! This chart shows that I discovered that my (adopted) son is a 4th cousin, two times removed of Darrell D. Fullmer.  


I know this won't strike most people as significant. But I'm always easily amazed when I discover "Connections"!

No comments: