Wednesday, September 24, 2008

With a little help from my friends

I've had such fun recently with my profile on Facebook and have enjoyed renewing a lot of friendships. I've also gotten re-connected with a few people I'd lost touch with over the years.

I was blessed this week with a Facebook posting made by a friend from Church entitled "Attitude". Does our Heavenly Father ever have perfect timing! Today I needed the words from that posting. For the last 2 months I've been caring for my Dad as he's resided in a nursing home while recovering from a broken leg. My daily visits have been very productive, as well as rewarding and fulfilling. I'll expound on that in future blogs, but I have felt such comfort in witnessing a very positive attitude held by my Dad. Today I witnessed a "souring" of that attitude, his good spirit, and the gratitude he's been expressing. He's been negatively influenced recently by a "friend" [which he is prone to do] and I was saddened when I saw the evidence of that "friend's" negative attitude. It was a real testimony of the power of Attitude. The power it has on receptive people, the destruction a bad attitude can impose on innocent, well-meaning people.

I guess I'll have to "dig in" once again, build up my own positive attitude, and help restore an attitude in my Dad that reflects God's Grace and his Glory. Maybe in a few days we can both enjoy an attitude that reflects the Light of Christ!

No comments: