Friday, September 26, 2008

Life is Good--I'm reminding myself

Life is Good! I've been telling myself that all day. I woke up with a bad headache, came to the office behind in my work by one day---the day I took off yesterday to move my Dad from the nursing home back to his own home (that was a long, hard day!), and had a "trying" noon hour with errands, responsibilities, challenges and disappointments.

But I'm reminding myself that life is good! My dad is home, I had a job to come to this morning---with a boss who allowed me to take the day off yesterday, and my husband got to play golf this morning (first time in at least 17 years--since I've known him)! I had aspirin to take so I got rid of my headache. My son called this morning and invited Jamie and me to join him and his daughters for pizza tonight. I was able to get Home Health Care lined up for my Dad, starting tomorrow. And I got a nice email from a step-daughter and now I know she isn't mad at me after all. Life is Good! I experienced warmth in my heart today (and goose-bumps up my arm)when I was emailed a touching story from a dear friend about the goodness of God in providing for her needs this week! And now I say not only Life is Good, but "God is Good".

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

No comments: