Friday, November 27, 2009

Michaelis Mother and Son


The bride in this photo above is Eva Elizabeth Margheim (1882-1950), the oldest sister of John Margheim (1900-1978), my paternal grandfather. Her husband is Johann Friedrich "Fred" Michaelis (1878-1965). Aunt Eva and Uncle Fred were born in Weissenmuller, Samara Province, Seelmann District, Russia. Pictured at top left is Maria Magdalena Michaelis, the mother of Fred. I have no details about her, except these words that were written on the back of the photograph: "Starved to death." How sad.

3 comments:

Cheri Hopkins aka You Go Genealogy Girl #2 said...

Becky, as always I enjoy your postings and wonderful photos. The one on Talk To Me, Aunt Elsaa was a great photo too. I have nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger Award. You can retrieve the logo from my blog if you would like.Those Old Memories http://thoseoldmemories.blogspot.com/

Katie C said...

Becky
I also have nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger Award.
Kathleen Carrow Ingram
http://carrowandfauntfamilytales.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.