Friday, January 27, 2017

Gracious reporting of my Flanders grandparents' marriage

My mother's parents, Milo Flanders and Nannie Becker, pictured at left, were married 18 April 1906 in Great Bend, Barton, Kansas. My grandfather was a 22-year-old farmer, and my grandmother was 18 years old. With the help of my second cousin, genealogist Kate Keller, I've collected numerous newspaper articles reporting their marriage that Spring Wednesday in my hometown. 

I'm been surprised that the marriage was written about so many times in the Great Bend Weekly Tribune. I'm posting the articles here to share with my cousins. It's entertaining to read the complimentary and engaging comments by the writers/publishers of the newspaper. It's certainly different than what we read in the newspaper today!



1 comment:

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I am loving the fact that so many newspapers are on line now. It has made a huge difference in breaking through some walls!