Friday, February 17, 2017

Family, Friends and Cousins meet up at RootsTech 2017

It was a blessing to "bump into" my friend Shari Mehling Stone, who I met two years ago at RootsTech. The niece of her great grandfather married my great grandfather, so we call ourselves cousins. (And yes, I was as tired as I look. Those 5:30am mornings catch up with me). 
I'm happy that I get to eat breakfast each morning at RootsTech
with my distant cousin Renee Zamora, blogger and RootsMagic employee.
It's always a treat and privilege to get to visit with my "Friend in Genealogy" DearMYRTLE
(Pat Richley-Erickson).
Our friends from Florence, Colorado, Tom and Linda Goff, accompanied us to the conference this year. It was wonderful to have them near, as we laughed, enjoyed concerts, classes, keynotes, visited together and saved seats for each other!
And finally, motivated and inspired, but exhausted, we truly did enjoy our Delta Airlines flight back to Colorado Springs. When the wheels of the jet came off the ground and the plane lifted into the air, I again felt a thrill and was grateful that we had the opportunity to travel.
Before we left Salt Lake City, we had a fun and rewarding visit with Larry's brother Dick Jamison, sister-in-law Linda, and their daughters Tracy and Mindy. In a moment of good fortune and answer to prayer after the Thursday evening concert by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir at the LDS Conference Center, we also had the chance to greet and hug their son Scott Jamison and his wife Lisa! (I was so surprised I forgot to take a picture). 
By the way, Larry even took a picture of the beautiful Delta flight attendant, Kristen, who took our picture as we were leaving Salt Lake City. 

No comments: