Monday, January 1, 2024

My Reading Keeps Connecting Me to the Richards Family

Two days ago I added my most recent post to this blog and told of my connection to a Richards family who were early leaders in the history of my church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. 

This year in our Sunday School class we're going to study the Book of Mormon in depth. I was blessed last week to find this book at Deseret Industries in Nampa, Idaho, where I frequently have the privilege to buy religious books for $3.00 or less!

As you can see, "A Case for the Book of Mormon" was written by Tad R. Callister. I feel especially drawn to this author as I had the opportunity to hear him speak in a church service many years ago when I lived in Canon City, Colorado. This afternoon I sat down to read this book and was amazed that I had only gotten to page 4 !!! when I read that Tad Callister referred to his ancestor Willard Richards while discussing the authenticity of the Book of  Mormon. This chart show his connection to Willard Richards, as well as his connection to me. (I'm the Mary R. Margheim at the lower left). 
I love discovering "connections" and then creating the charts to illustrate them. I'm just amazed (but I'm easily amazed!) that I was so fascinated last Saturday by the book I had just bought that I wrote about it in my previous post. It was formerly given as a gift by Mr. and Mrs. Franklin D. Richards. 

And today I picked up a new book to read and discover another connection to this Richards ancestry! 

No comments: